Probate & Trust Administration
Navigate probate and trust administration with the help of our well-experienced probate attorney.
Anytime someone passes away, they leave behind mourning family, friends, and other loved ones. They also leave behind the need for their estate to be distributed through the legal process of probate and trust administration, which is often a time-consuming and complex process.
If you have been named as a personal representative, executor, fiduciary, or trustee of a loved one’s estate, it’s best to seek help from an experienced and knowledgeable probate attorney who can guide you through the probate and trust administration process as efficiently and effectively as possible,
At Myrthil’s Law, P. A., we help families and individuals navigate probate and trust administration. We understand that it takes time to heal after losing a loss. We’re here to help you carry out the desires of your loved one. Our probate attorney will stick with you and guide you every step of the way.
Probate administration is the legal process of distributing the assets per the decedent’s instructions in their will or per Florida Laws and Regulations in the event that they died without a will.
There are two different forms of probate administration—summary probate administration for smaller estates and formal administration for larger and more complex estates.
Our probate attorney will help you through the entire probate administration process. Our probate administration services include:
- preparing all legal documents needed for the probate process;
- representing clients in all probate court proceedings;
- advising personal representatives and executors of their duties and obligations in the probate administration process;
- advising beneficiaries of their rights;
aiding personal representatives and executors in gathering, preserving, and valuing all of the decedent’s assets in their estate;
- representing the interests of the estate and beneficiaries in challenges and disputes; and
- assisting personal representatives and executors with the distribution of assets, settlement of debts from the estate, and the preparation of their fiduciary accounting.
It is common for fiduciaries who are trying to handle the probate administration process on their own to unintentionally make mistakes that cause a breach of their duties—which could lead to intended beneficiaries being deprived of their rights, unnecessary taxes or other costs accruing, and unnecessary litigation.
Hiring Myrthil’s Law, P. A.’s well-experienced probate attorney to represent and guide you through the entire probate administration process protects the fiduciary and the decedent’s estate from the damaging effects an unintentional breach of fiduciary duty can cause.
If your recently deceased loved one held their assets through a properly drafted and funded living trust, there would likely be no need for a court-managed administration, but the successor trustee named in the trust will be responsible for administering the assets of the estate per the guidelines instructed in the trust documents.
Our trust administration services include:
- thoroughly reviewing and understanding all terms of the trust;
- providing mandatory notice to all of the decedent’s beneficiaries and heirs;
- handling any trust contests or challenges;
- fully accounting for all assets handled within the trust and ensuring the title of real property is transferred appropriately;
- assisting the trustee in handling tax reporting to the IRS and payment of tax and other debt obligations;
- obtaining appraisals to establish the value of assets that do not hold an assigned value; and
- assisting trustees in the proper distribution of assets to beneficiaries.
Proper administration of a trust can be complex and confusing. During such an emotional time, the trustees should not be left to figure the administration process out on their own.
Our estate planning and probate attorney has vast experience handling trust administration. We can guide you through the trust administration process and ensure that you do not make any unintentional mistakes.
How Myrthil's Law, P. A.
Myrthil’s Law, P. A. has been helping families navigate the probate and trust administration since 2017. We specialize in family law, estate planning, and probate. Our sole practitioner, Luby Mirthyl, completed her law degree in 2011 and was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2012.
We compassionately guide personal representatives, executors, and trustees through the probate and trust administration process. Our team provides counsel and represents our clients during disputes and court proceedings. We go above and beyond for our clients as they go through tough times.